Leather labels are mainly sewn on the fabric or jeans’ waist for clothing, whose materials include genuine(real) leather, faux leather, Suede leather, etc. We supply high-quality custom leather labels&leather patches by printing, embossing, or gold/silver hot stamping. It can replace the traditional cloth label. Your logo, text, picture, patterns can put on the leather material by various processes.Continue reading “What is leather label?”
There are many kinds of leather in the market and the price is different, so we share methods with customers and make them know how to identify leather. There are four main methods to identify leather. I will mainly talk about these methods below.
“Real leather” is a common word in the leather market. It is a customary name for natural leather to distinguish synthetic leather. In the consumer’s mind, “Real leather” also has a non-fake meaning. In fact, real leather is leather, which is mainly processed from mammalian animal skins.
How to identify leather ?-Four methods
Touch the leather surface with your hands. If it is smooth, soft, plump, and elastic, it feels like real leather. However, the surface of general artificial synthetic leather is astringent, rigid, and has poor flexibility.
Use your eye seeing
The real leather surface has clear pores and patterns. The yellow cowhide has relatively well-proportioned fine pores. While yak hides have coarser and sparse pores. Goatskin has scaly pores. Pigskin has large triangular pores. The artificial leather, although it also imitates the pores, is not clear.
Let me introduce the features and identification methods for how to identify leather: pig leather, horse leather, cow leather, and sheep leather.
Cow leather has a fine surface and high strength. Meanwhile, it is most suitable for making leather shoes. Sheep leather is light, thin and soft, making it an ideal fabric for leather garments. Pig leather has good air permeability and water vapor permeability. And it is more suitable for making underwear and children’s products. Horse leather has a tighter fiber structure and higher strength. So it is better for making leather pants and boots. Generally speaking, the thickness, density, and distribution of pores on the leather surface are the main basis for distinguishing cow & pig leather, horse, and sheep leather.
How to identify leather ?-Smell
All real leather has the smell of leather. And artificial leather has a strong irritating plastic smell.
How to identify leather ?-Igniting
Tear off a little fiber from the back of real leather and artificial leather. After lighting, all that emits a pungent smell and lumps are artificial leather. Anything that emits a hair odor and does not form lumps is genuine leather
PU artificial leather is polyurethane with soft and wear-resistant features, it and PU synthetic leather both belong to artificial leather for fashion brands. In China, people are accustomed to using PU resin as raw materials to produce artificial leather called PU artificial leather(PU leather for short). It is almost equal to the natural leather on the market. It is usually used to make shoes, clothes, bags, decorations, and so on.
In daily life, PU artificial leather and noble seem to have the same meaning. A pair of high-end PU leather not only depends on its brand, style, and craftsmanship. But more importantly, the beauty of natural PU leather products. In terms of leather sales target, PU artificial leather is far more than others. Similarly, it is ideal for the application of leather labels for clothing. And because it is a natural product with limited sources, so it is more expensive. It is used to a certain extent. It can satisfy people’s pursuit of natural leather.
Advantages of PU artificial leather
First, we all know that natural leather is no different from animal fur. Therefore, some rare animal leather resources are in short supply according to the law. And people who like this kind of clothing can choose PU material. Thus, PU artificial leather can reduce damage and save money.
At present, the technology of artificial leather has reached a relatively mature development stage. It can replace natural leather; the shape can be almost the same. PU artificial leather is softer and more wear-resistant than natural leather. Meanwhile, it is easier to take care of. It is breathable and warm. Especially when it is made into clothes, it is more comfortable to wear. And compared with real leather, its cost is cheaper.
Images of PU artificial leather
How to clean PU artificial leather？
- Wash with water and detergent, avoid gasoline scrubbing;
- It cannot be dry-cleaned;
- We can only wash it. The washing temperature cannot exceed 40 degrees;
- We need to wash it with water and detergent, avoid gasoline scrubbing;
Based on the above points, I think everyone has their own judgment. At present, people’s demand for artificial leather is large. To a certain extent, PU artificial leather is better than natural leather.
Leather labels are mainly sewn on the back waist of jeans, and of course, they are also widely used on bags, handbags, shoes, hats, and other products. There are various kinds of materials of leather labels, including genuine leather, imitation leather, microfiber leather, canvas, horsehair, PVC, TPU… and so on. It can be expressed by giving LOGO or company-designated patterns on different materials.Continue reading “How to make leather labels?”
PVC artificial leather(Polyvinyl chloride artificial leather) is made by coating PVC resin, plasticizer, stabilizer, and other additives on the fabric. Or it is laminated with a layer of PVC film, and then processed through a certain process.Continue reading “What is PVC artificial leather?”
Clothing leather is mainly clothing leather and shoe leather, with pig, sheep, cow, horse, and deer skins as the main raw materials. It has a long history of being used as clothing material after being matured by tannic tannin tanning or chrome tanning with potassium dichromate.Continue reading “What does natural leather include?”
We always have some doubts when we wear jeans, such as the design of the trouser pockets, what is the role of the leather label on the back waist of the jeans?Continue reading “The role of leather label in jeans”
- The texture on the PU leather label is thicker than a genuine leather label.
- The back of the PU leather label is suede or other chemical fibrous materials.
- We can see the artificial chemical fibrous material from the section of PU leather labels.
- Genuine leather labels Feel smooth, soft and flexible
- There are pores on the surface of genuine leather labels and irregular fiber on the back.
- The genuine leather labels have the smell of leather.
- Genuine leather labels have good water absorbability.
- Using on the garments, shoes, hats, or bags for decoration, leather labels make the products more beautiful, and also reflect their styles.
- Leather labels can link different parts of the product, such as leather zipper puller.
- Leather labels with logos play an annotation role for the brand of the garments, shoes, hats, and bags, etc.
- step1. Order the leather material from the leather factory according to the customer’s needs on thickness, color, technics of the leather labels, which needs about 10days.
- step2. Meanwhile, make mold according to customer’s leather labels artwork, which needs about 7days.
- step3. Start stamping and making leather labels once both leather meaterial and mold are prepared.
- step4. Post processing: fix the customized embroidery or metal trims like rivit onto the leather labels.
- step5. Quality control: screen then discard the unqualified products of leather labels.
- step6. Packaging: check leather labels’s quantity and be ready for shipment.